Sunday, January 4, 2009

Project Aiko - The Fembot



Quoting her maker, Lee Trung (http://www.projectaiko.com)

"Aiko was built in my basement using credit card loans and my entire savings account as funding. One of my dreams is to make Aiko walk and do other house chores. I cannot do this without your donations and support. The donations will go towards new motors, sensors and mainboards to design Aiko’s new arm and leg systems.

Aiko is the first android to react to physical stimuli and mimic pain. This technology could be applied to people born with or who have undergone amputations. Aiko is the first step towards a life-like mechanical limb that has the ability to feel physical sensations.

I started to build Aiko on August 15, 2007. About 1.5 months later Aiko version 1 was completed. Aiko made her first public appearance at the HobbyShow on November 2007 at Toronto International Center, and Ontario Science Center a week later. Aiko is bilingual, she can speak English and Japanese.

Yes, Aiko has silicone in her entire body.

Yes, Aiko has sensors in her body including her prviate parts, and yes even down there.

AND NO I do not sleep with her."



I FIND IT INTERESTING THAT HE FELT HE HAD TO COVER THAT LAST LITTLE BIT.

WAS THAT A DEFENSIVE STATEMENT?

No comments: